Students who complete the curriculum satisfactorily are qualified for employment as designers, salespersons and buyers in a variety of retail floral businesses. Students may earn an Associate of Science Degree (A.S.) and an Award of Achievement in Retail Floristry or design their own course work, tailored to their individual needs. A Departmental Certificate is also availalble. All of these acheivements can be earned within a 1-2 year span depending on individual schedules.
- Internationally recognized and honored floral design instructors
- Excellent industry connections
- Superb floral design facilities and equipment
- Individualized assistance in planning a course of study
- Degree, Major and certificate for varied interests & levels of commitment
- A variety of Department & Community-funded scholarships for motivated students.
- A diverse student body and positive learning environment
- Work experience courses with strong links to employers in the community
– Derrick Vasques, AIFD, National President of the American Institute of Floral Designers
City College of San Francisco
Environmental Horticulture/Floristry Department Chair
50 Phelan Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112